The pandemic has laid bare all of the weaknesses – and in some rare cases also strengths – of social and economic fabric of the Visegrad countries. What have we learned about them under this pressure of unprecedented nature? Does the situation differ dramatically among countries and are there commonalities?
- Which sectors of the economy experienced an unexpected boost that has a potential last?
- Which were left behind and (perhaps) beyond repair?
- Will the pandemic speed up or hinder the green transition and digital transition in V4 region?
- Will we ever fully recover from the shift towards digital operation (such as home offices, online shopping and conferencing) and return to the physical world?
- What lessons should the V4 countries draw for their social policies?
- Danuše Nerudová, Rector, Mendel University, Czechia
- Ágota Scharle, Senior Researcher, Budapest Institute, Hungary
- Piotr Arak, Director, Polish Economic Institute, Poland
- Miriama Letovanec Svetkovská, Former Director of Implementation Unit, Government Office, Slovakia
- Zuzana Gabrižová, EURACTIV Slovakia