EURACTIV Poland had the pleasure to organize an online conference titled „Disinformation IN/AGAINST the EU. How fake news becomes the news?”.
Together with the best experts, we discussed the impact of disinformation on the functioning of the political structures of the European Union and currently available instruments to combat the negative effects of this phenomenon. What is more, we looked closer at specific strategies for combating the spread of disinformation and fake news in Europe.
- RADOSŁAW SIKORSKI – Member of European Parliament, Former Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs
- CLAES DE VREESE – Chair of Political Communication at The Amsterdam School of Communication Research, Member of the Advisory Team at EDMO
- THOMAS GRANDJOUAN – Advocacy Coordinator, EU DisinfoLab
- KRISZTINA STUMP – Head of the Media Convergence and Social Media Unit in DG CNECT, European Commission
- JULIANE VON REPPERT-BISMARCK – Founder and CEO at Lie Detectors
- KAROLINA ZBYTNIEWSKA – Editor-in-chief of EURACTIV Poland
Project co-financed by the European Union under the European Parliament grant program in the field of communication. The European Parliament was not involved in the preparation of the materials; the information provided is not binding on him and he shall not be liable in any way for any information and positions expressed in the project for which the authors, interviewers, publisher or program broadcaster are solely responsible under the applicable law. Nor can the European Parliament be held liable for direct or indirect damages that may result from the implementation of the project.