EURACTIV Poland invites you to take part in the debate: „Disinformation IN/AGAINST the EU. How fake news become the news?”.
We will discuss the impact of disinformation on the functioning of the political structures of the European Union and currently available instruments to combat the negative effects of this phenomenon. What is more, we will look closer at strategies for combating the spread of disinformation in Europe.
- RADOSŁAW SIKORSKI – Member of European Parliament, Former Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs
- CLAES DE VREESE – Chair of Political Communication at The Amsterdam School of Communication Research, Member of the Advisory Team at EDMO
- THOMAS GRANDJOUAN – Advocacy Coordinator, EU DisinfoLab
- KRISZTINA STUMP – Head of the Media Convergence and Social Media Unit in DG CNECT, European Commission
- JULIANE VON REPPERT-BISMARCK – Founder and CEO at Lie Detectors
- KAROLINA ZBYTNIEWSKA – Editor-in-chief of EURACTIV Poland
12:00 – 12:30 Q&A session
The event will be streamed live on EURACTIV Poland’s Facebook page.