EURACTIV Poland had the honor to organize a debate titled „A New Paradigm for Plastics and Their Role in the EU’s Zero-Emission Economy Plans” under the honorary patronage of the European Commission and the Polish Ministry of Development, Labour and Technology.
- VIRGINIJUS SINKEVIČIUS – European Commissioner for the Environment & Oceans and Fisheries
- ADAM JARUBAS – Member of the European Parliament | Committee on the Environment, Public Health
- VIRGINIA JANSSENS – Managing Director | PlasticsEurope
- JOAN MARC SIMON – Director | Zero Waste Europe
- MARLENA TRYKA – Deputy Director of the Department of Innovation and Industrial Policy | Ministry of Economic Development, Labour and Technology
- PAULO DA SILVA LEMOS – Policy officer for sustainable products and plastics at DG Environment | European Commission
- KAROLINA ZBYTNIEWSKA – Editor-in-chief of EURACTIV Poland
We discussed commitments undertaken by the EU to build a new paradigm for plastics with an overview of the current state of policy, including its impact on mitigation processes through the reduction of greenhouse gases. What is more, together with the Polish representatives we looked closer at what is being done on the national level to develop the Circular Economy and fight the issue of plastic waste.