The coronavirus pandemic has resulted in increased disinformation activities towards the European Union, or more broadly the West, coming from Russia and China. According to the participants of the webinar „Russian Disinformation During Coronacrisis and Beyond”, the problem can be solved but requires more concrete actions.
The webinar was organized by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation and EURACTIV.pl. The discussion was attended by experts in the fight against disinformation from Europe and the USA:
- Nina Jankowicz from Wilson Center and the author of „How to Lose the Information War”,
- Maciej Kawecki, Rector of the School of Banking and President of the Lem Institute,
- Nad’a Kovalčíková from German Marshall Fund,
- Patryk Pawlak from the European Union Institute for Security Studies,
- Liubov Tsybulska from Ukraine Media Crisis Center,
- Jurgis Vilčinskas from the European External Action Service (EEAS).
Karolina Zbytniewska, editor-in-chief of EURACTIV.pl was a moderator.