In 2015 at the Paris climate conference the first-ever universal, legally binding climate agreement was signed. On the occasion of the fifth anniversary of this groundbreaking event, the EURACTIV Poland together with the Konrad Adenauer Foundation and the European Commission are pleased to invite you to the webinar: „5 years of the Paris Agreement”.
The presence of the best international experts allowed us to thoroughly analyze the main obligations of the Agreement, as well as to evaluate their implementation at three main levels: international, European, and national.
We looked closely at what has been achieved during these 5 years and whether the Agreement has managed to increase the climate ambitions of the signatories and thus influence the mitigation and adaptation activities.
- MICHAŁ KURTYKA, Polish Minister of Climate and Environment,
- HAFIDA LAHIOUEL, Director of legal affairs, UNFCCC,
- MARIA ANDRZEJEWSKA, Director of UNEP/GRID-Warsaw Centre,
- ELINA BARDRAM, Head of International Relations Unit, DG Clima, European Commission,
- ROMEO BERTOLINI, Deputy Director of Country Engagement for the NDC Partnership Support Unit,
- NIKLAS HOHNE, Founding partner of NewClimate Institute,
- KATARZYNA GUZEK, Press officer, Greenpeace Poland
- KAROLINA ZBYTNIEWSKA, EURACTIV Poland